I am a Forty Plusser that started my blog “Forty Something Hey Hey” during August 2018. It is an exciting journey! To sum up my experience thus far:
1) English is not my home language so please excuse any grammar mistakes!
2) I love to connect with other bloggers! Blogging is like this “other world”where I meet new people who I would probably(definitely!) never see in person.
3) I make use of the premium WordPress plan, but making money is like some distant fairytale. (The personal WordPress plan do not have enough options for theme editing, or enough storage space for audio/video/image uploading).
4) Busted!! I must shamefully admit that I don’t always read posts of fellow bloggers and sometimes just click “like”. The image/picture “speaks”to me.
5) I usually reblog or share interesting and inspiring posts that I read but I give credit to the original blogger. That is fair!
6) Yes, please!! I absolutely love it if other bloggers share or reblog my posts! It is like a massive complement. I am beyond grateful! Thanks.
7) Please don’t copy/paste the contents of my blog.
8) I try to keep up with the defined niche of my blog, but sometimes I really don’t have time to write and that causes me to lose track of my blogging theme…
9) There are days that I am totally “obsessed” with blogging and it feels like I could spend all my waking hours on blogging! Surely not a good thing…
11) It is my blog, so I keep it original with no rules attached. I do it “my way”.
12) To generate traffic I promote other bloggers by reblogging & sharing their posts.
13) I have noticed that if I follow a blogger that same blogger usually becomes a follower of my blog in return. (If you want likes & comments – you must also like and comment!).
14) Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google+ is a great way to “advertise”your blog. (I prefer not to “advertise”my blog on my personal Facebook profile).
15) You must have a passion for blogging!
16) I don’t compare myself with other bloggers.
17) Not always easy – I try to focus on the overall content of my posts. It means that I can blog about many different topics, as long as they all relate back to the overall message of my blog.
18) Coming up with new ideas sometimes become exhausting for me.
19) I truly value each person who takes their time to stop by this blog! Thankssssssss!
20) I mostly write about my own experiences… from the heart… don’t know if it’s always a good thing! (Lol).
21) To gather an audience takes time.
22) I think that as my life will change over time – my blog will change,
23) Blogging won’t make me famous! (Lol!). Definitely not!
24) Blogging is good for my self-esteem and gives me a purpose in life as a Forty Plusser.
25) Some days I feel really creative and some days I can’t put three sentences together.
26) Blogging as a hobby can become very time-consuming especially if you have a full-time job.
27) Blogging gets me out of my comfort zone. I am not afraid to embarrass myself anymore (Lol!). Bring it on baby!
28) Blogging is an “outlet”for me when I feel stressed and worthless (especially when my bipolar mood swing spirals downwards…).
29) There no point waiting for perfection!
30) Just enjoy it!